Position: Site Manager
Location: Central London
Contract type: N/A
Modular is a small but growing company. The Site Manger position is important in delivering the commercial operational requirements of site operations and in assisting in the growth and development of the company.
Modular are looking for a motivated and hard-working individual to fill this position who will enjoy the challenge of working in a small but fast growing company and being part of an ambitious professional team dedicated to growing a business.
Summary of Position
The Site Manager works in the construction department with the Construction Department Manager and under the direction of the Construction Manager. The main role is to oversee and manage the day to day running of a Modular Construction site team(s) and be responsible for completing the tasks set by the Construction Manager on a project in relation to time/program and to Modular’s ensure workmanship and behaviour on site is to Modular’s exacting standards.
This position Reports to: The Construction Director or delegate thereof
Reports to this position: Site Foreman, Site Installer, All site operatives
- 5 years’ experience of running construction based installations
- Experience of managing on-site operatives
- CSCS qualified
- SMSTS qualified
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Project, Word
- Experience in all aspects of landscape and construction within the outside space
- A clear understanding of site protocol and operational requirements on both commercial and domestic projects
- Highly motivated, self-driven individual with excellent attention to detail while working in a fast paced environment
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Able to work effectively and communicate clearly
- Good time management skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to motivate and lead a team
- High attention to detail finishes
- Full clean driving license
- Ability to work as individual or as part of team
- Ability to adapt to project changes efficiently and to observe contract and site specific protocol
- Responsible for all site installation tasks as defined by the Company
- Responsible for managing and executing the installation against the Company’s, budget & programme
- Responsible for managing all on site resource including liaising and managing interfaces with other contractors / trades. This includes but is not limited to scheduling and recording regular meetings required to effectively manage this interface.
- Responsible for managing all materials, site plant machinery, tools and resource required to execute the works. Responsibilities include but are not limited to checking deliveries for quantity, specification and quality. Ensuring safe storage and protection for all unfixed and fixed materials. Ensuring the safety and protection of plant and machinery when in use and when stored. Protection and maintenance of all fixed materials (inert and organic) until sign off and hand over.
- Responsible for managing interfaces with other contractors, tradesmen and any on-site consultants
- Responsible for delivering site reports to enable the administration of cost control and programme management
- The Site Manager will be required to attend regular management meetings usually, but not exclusively, held at the company offices
- The Site Manager will be required to promote the company and ensure that all site labour resource do the same. This includes but is not limited to maintaining and ensuring that only approved clothing and PPE is worn. Also that the attitude and behavior of all persons that fall under the responsibility of Modular is polite and respectful.
Construction Knowledge Required
- Knowledge of the implementation of high level finishing works of varying paving installation methods including pedestal systems
- Knowledge of the implementation of high level finishing works of Timber decking installation
- Knowledge of the implementation of high level finishing works of Timber screening
- Knowledge of the implementation of high level finishing works of brickwork/ blockwork installation methods
- Knowledge of the implementation of high level finishing works of Timber fencing works
- Knowledge of the implementation of Irrigation installations
- Knowledge of the implementation of high level finishing works of Planting and soft landscaping including large trees.
- Knowledge of the implementation of high level finishing works of drainage installation items such as slot drains, recessed manhole covers and underground pipework
- Knowledge of the implementation of high level finishing works of Rendering and external cladding
- Knowledge of the implementation of high level finishing works of bespoke metal work installations
Health and Safety
- Provide safe working environments with adequate PPE, dust extraction, temporary coverings, safeguards and protection
- Production of tool box talks
- Production of environmental tool box talks
- Maintaining and updating site operative H&S training requirements and ensuring any training required is communicated in a timely manner in order to maintain the programme.
- Liaise with independent health and safety advisors and implement practices accordingly
- Maintaining up to date method statements and risk assessment folders
- Maintaining up to date COSHH assessment folders
- Maintaining up to date PAT testing certs and plant machinery/ tool lists
- Attending main contractor seminars and tool box talks
- Responsible for allocation of tools to appropriately trained staff
- Reporting any failings in H and S methods/ duties
- For the avoidance of doubt all matters relating to on-site H&S should be referenced against the Modular H&S training matrix.
Site Management Tasks
- Management of programme schedules
- Management of site costs
- Production of weekly site reports/ updates as required
- Carrying out on-site time lapse photography when requested
- Maintaining a daily photographic log and diary of all and any exposed works
- Maintaining a photographic record of finished works
- Protection and maintenance of finished works up to site handover
- Maintaining a daily written log of works including any issues and changes
- Maintaining branding & PPE to all site staff
- Managing material deliveries required for site within supplier lead times and the site programme
- Liaising with suppliers logistics for delivery allocations
- When required, scheduling of delivery slots with on-site logistic and traffic management plans
- Managing of daily waste management and removal as required
- Ordering of labour resource required to execute the works to the programme schedule
- Management of all on-site labour related to the contracted works
- Liaison and communication with Clients (or delegates thereof) and scheduling meetings as required. All meetings must be minuted and recorded within the weekly site reports.
- Maintaining good clean access routes from, through and within the site. This includes maintaining and protecting any existing finished surfaces within the site in general and that form part of the access to the contracted works.
This job description is not exhaustive and may be amended as appropriate from time to time by the board in accordance with the Company’s commercial requirements and objectives