Soft landscaping & maintenance technician
Position: Soft Landscaping and Maintenance Technician
Location: Central London
Contract type: Negotiable
Modular is a small but growing company. The Soft Landscape & Maintenance Technician position is important in delivering the commercial operational requirements and in assisting in the growth and development of the company.
Modular are looking for a motivated and hard-working individual to fill this position who will enjoy the challenge of working in a small but fast growing company and being part of an ambitious professional team dedicated to growing a business. A willingness to contribute to the development of the company with forward thinking, initiative and a strong team attitude is also essential.
Summary of Position:
The role will involve the delivery of The Company’s maintenance service to existing and new clients. In addition you will be allocated the task of implementing soft landscaping and planting for our garden and landscape installations. This requires an ability to undertake all aspects of garden maintenance and planting installation.
This position Reports to: The Sales and Marketing Director or delegate thereof.
Reports to this position: None
· Clean driving record
· CSCS (optional as training can be provided)
· Proficient heavy equipment operating skills (e.g. rotivators, lawn mowers etc.)
· Experience of a variety of landscape and construction applications
· Good horticultural & plant knowledge (prior training and qualifications are essential)
· Ability to learn quickly
· Highly motivated, self-motivated individual with excellent attention to detail while working in a fast paced environment
· Strong verbal & written communication skills
· Ability to communicate with clients
· Good time management skills
· Ability to set and work to schedules
· Able to work effectively with individuals of differing knowledge and background (i.e. clients, contractors, designers)
· Punctual, dependable and a willingness to go the extra mile in delivering a service to Modular’s clients
· Ability to work as part of a team
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Landscaping Maintenance Requirements
· Delivery of The Company’s maintenance and planting requirements to existing and new clients. This includes but is not limited to; day to day site implementation of soft landscape works and garden maintenance including, setting out and planting, soil amelioration, lawn installation, irrigation, paving & deck cleaning and any other aspects of garden maintenance required.
· Scheduling site visits and organising the maintenance rotor
· Tracking and recording of plant deliveries
· Quality control of soft landscaping stock supplied by nurseries
· Tracking and recording of task hours accurately
You will be expected to help out and contribute to other activities as required such as organization of tasks, tool inventory and maintenance, vehicle maintenance.
This job description is not exhaustive and may be amended as appropriate from time to time by the board in accordance with the Company’s commercial requirements and objectives.
- Assistance with the development of Modular product and services
- Assistance with the development of the company’s commercial development strategy